Reiman Publications - Total Disattisfaction with the process of billing and/or renewel

2.0

We initially ordered several magazines at one time from agent on telephone. The overall deal sounded very good from a cost standpoint.

This was especially true due to the fact that most of these magazines were well recognized items, The confusion started when several additional agencies got involved. It seems that somewhere along the way each magazine begun to issue billing statements,some of which were two to four months ahead of schedule. Some magazines for which my wife had purchased (or had been given) gift subscriptions were being auto-maticaly renewed, and we were told that we had agreed to the automatic renewals.

It is absolutely embarrassing the amount of money we have paid in the last 12 months for magazines. I request you contact me at your earliest opportunity and advise me if my current subscriptions are being handled through reiman or not and exactly what is the status of my account with reiman

Product or Service Mentioned: Reiman Publications Subscription.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Advise me of my status with reiman and/or other agencies.

Reiman Publications - Country Magazine

The last Country Magazine sent to us was the February/March 2017 issue. There has been no notice to renew and we have been Reiman Publication customers for many years - we have even ordered gift subscriptions once or twice!

We kept expecting an issue of Country for the months of April/May and June/July but nothing came in the mail, let alone the usual notice to renew the subscription. We're not happy with the service and we may not be customers much longer if we do not receive a renewal notice. We wish to deal with Country Magazine directly and do not want to deal with the MagazineAgent.com. Please email a phone number that we may talk with someone at Country (or Reiman in Wisconsin) directly.

Thank you for your response. Sincerely.

Product or Service Mentioned: Reiman Publications Subscription.

Preferred solution: Contact us - re when our subscription ran out. Thank you..

Reiman Publications - Country Magazine subscription

4.0

Charging me and saying subscription is finished when just renewed in December 2016 for Country magazine in Canada. Should be for 6 issues.

Now they say mine is run out. I don't think it should be. Subscription should not be expired already when I just sent a cheque in Dec for my subscription. What is the problem?

I get my magazines in Canada, not USA *** charge too much Please advise if you need my account number. Was I have been having problems with the mailings and to many bills being sent to me.

I want the rate they say on my bill but not charged often. Rhonda

Product or Service Mentioned: Reiman Publications Subscription.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: I like my magazines i subscribe too.

• continue to receive magazines

Reiman Publications - Subscription Review from Corona, California

2.6
Style and Design

My experience with several years of dealing with Reiman Publications is this: that even though their customer service personnel are unerringly polite and friendly, their business practices are abominable! Sending my gift subscriptions to the wrong people, skipping issues, sending books I never ordered and demanding payment no matter how many calls and letters of complaint I make/send, keeping me and other family members hopelessly confused about our subscription status, dunning me for payments for purchases I never made...need I go on?

Phone personnel will absolutely assure you that they have resolved a problem for you, then the next thing you know, it is back. I have resolved NEVER to do business with Reiman again --- a crying shame, because I love their books.

Product or Service Mentioned: Reiman Publications Subscription.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Reiman Publications - Changes to Quick Cooking/Simple & Delicious

Woodbine, Georgia

I used to LOVE the Quick Cooking publication from Reiman Publications and got subscriptions to it every year. However, as soon as the name changed to Simple & Delicious changes were being made and finally a almost complete overhaul was made.

I have not liked this publication since it changed so much after becoming Simple & Delicious.

Honestly, I used to love TOH, Cooking Light, Country Woman and the others but I don't like them anymore.

They are just not the publications they used to be and I no longer subscribe to any of them and have no plans to do so. I would say they are lukewarm on my scale.

Product or Service Mentioned: Reiman Publications Subscription.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Go back to your roots! You had much better magazines then!.

Reiman Publications - Country Women

I have not been pleased with the changes you have made to the Magazine. I want read about women who are not well known.

Dolly Parton is not in this category. This may have been a good report but I can pick up many magazines that report the type of information. I am looking for something original with everyday women and their lives, which I feel was focus of the magazine. Please do not change this focus because if you do I will drop my subscription.

I am also concerned that about a third of magazine is now ads.

I know in order to make it in the competitive market you have had to go to this, but I do not like it. At least you do try to do it at the end of one segment instead of splitting stories up.

Reiman Publications - No magazine delivered

I have had Reiman subscriptions for years. Most recently, Country and Country Extra.

I have had missing issues and issues delivered on the last day of the month. I have inquired about this matter numerous times. Each time I am told the subscription is current, the address is correct and the magazines have been sent on time. I was also told the missing issues would be mailed or added on to the end of my subscription, all of which have NOT.

I was told to contact the post office. That is not MY responsibility. I have emailed Reiman Publisher’s and Reader’s Digest since it looks as if they have taken over Reiman. I get NO response what so ever.

I finally cancelled my accounts and had to ask twice for the refund. I got a DEBIT card, which is fine, but you had to call and have it “authorized” before using it. They stated a debit card is easier, not with that practice.

A check would have been easier for ME. So if anyone out there is having a problem or thinking of subscribing….DO NOT because of their un-excusable practice of not providing customer service.

Comments

I have had the same problem with both reminisce & reminisce extra. I have had delivery issues with them for the past several years.

I can guarantee you this will be my last year subscribing to these magazines. My elderly father purchased me both magazine subscriptions as a Christmas present. It makes me angry because he is paying with what little money he has and in my opinion, they are stealing it. Every month I have to call and have another issue sent.

I've spoken to managers, supervisors and the post office. It's only their magazine I have issues with. I don't like the way they treat customers. They are rude, condescending and flippant.

I just had to call this morning...again!! I'm over them.

Reiman has changed,not for the better. I'm done.

Reiman Publications - Taking money out of checking acct

I just noticed something amiss when I came across two automatic withdrawals from my checking acct.illegally on Feb 1,2012-$90.62 ; on April 18,2012- $90.00. I did not even subscribe or put any order on any of your publications.

I expect you to stop this practice at once I don't appreciate what is happening and I am not pleased at all.

I don't mind paying for stuff that I personally put in a subscription order and receiving them in the process,but sure can't let you scam me anymore.I hope that this complaint will reach whoever is in charge of accounting or cancellation dept. Thanks

Product or Service Mentioned: Reiman Publications Subscription.

Comments

KrystalRD
Bristol, Connecticut, United States #612641

My name is Krystal. I work in Customer Care for RDA which is the parent company for Reiman publications and I just came across your post.

I am sorry to hear you are being charged for products or subscriptions that you have not ordered. So that we may further assist you, please call us at 1-800-308-9281 or send an email to customercare@rd.com. One of our agents will be most happy to assist you.

Krystal

Reiman Publications - No Return Shipping Labels

I received a book I did not order and can't find a shipping label to return it, and here I just renewed my subscription to Birds & Bloom magazine. Will know better the next time!!

I can't think of 100 words to write in this comment section, thought the words I wrote were sufficient enough. Now I'm really pissed!!!

The book I received that I didn't order is 2012 Best Bird N Blooms, how can this be returned or do I have to pay the cost for something I didn't order?? Words, words, words, words, words.

#532072

I am trying to get a return prepaid postage for a book entitled THE FAMILY HANDYMAN TRADE

SECRETS"" fix your home like the pros". Can you help?

I did not order this book. I do not the cash for the book.

Am send it back.

Ken Metzger 322 James Street Turtle Creak Pa. 15145 Account # 700050182 I did not open it I did not want it.

Reiman Publications - A little something to reiman customers

For billing info: all payments thru bank would take 1-2 weeks to reflect on the reiman system, and sometimes cross mails happen, so to check if your payments have went thru the system already, kindly call Reimans toll free #, PS. cheque #, the date the check was mailed and the date the cheque has been cleared by the bank will be asked by the customer assistant.

so i suggest you'd call the bank too before calling the reimans pub. hotline..for payments done over the internet, it would take 24-42 hrs to reflect on the system..

Renewal notices: notices are computer generated materials, those were randomly sent every now and then, never minding of the fact that you're subscription is still far from the expiration issue. however if u want not to receive any of those notices, adjustments can be done in your acct.

all yo have to do is to call the reimans hotline.

Comments

Would you think an 81 year old lady could remember that? her life is not turning with your fu**king magazine guys.

Promotions confuses customer so you should proactively take them off from that, and talking abount promotions, why does it look like a bill?

to confuse elderly people like mt grandma? shame on you guys!

I'm sorry to hear that, i understand how you feel..

promotions are randomly sent and as much as we would like to do what you said, we do not proactively block future promotions. Since we value people's feed-backs, rest assured your complaint will reach the right management.

promotional offers are sent, for our customers to be aware of all the offers we have. Since your grandma already called us she must have known already what year her magazine subscription would run out, she can just actually disregard all the promotional materials she's receiving if she doesn't like to take advantage to any of those.

However if you really want to stop future promotions you can tell your grandma to call us back or even you can call us back in behalf of her, and just to let you know, promotional materials are pre-printed 2-3 months in advance so kindly allow 2-3 months for all the mailings to stop. :)

I'm sorry to hear that, i understand how you feel..

promotions are randomly sent and as much as we would like to do what you said, we do not proactive block future promotions. Since we value people's feed-backs, rest assured your complaint will reach the right management.

I'm a grandson of one of your subscriber, how can you explain this, my grandma was unintentionally subscribed for reminisce until 2023, she's 81 years old so I understand that she can't handle which is promotion and which is bill,(she don't have a reminisce extra by the way). She called your office and she was refunded for those extra years, but after receiving the refund she still receive those promotions, isn't it time to stop those promotions 'coz we all know that it confuses her?

You want to her to call you to stop promotions? Isn't it you proactively done it for we all know it confuses her?

View more comments